Thursday, February 27, 2014

Zoya Magical Pixie Dust in Cosmo: Follow Up

With my last post on Monday, you may think it's too early for a follow up, but I will get to that.

So I first graced my nails with Zoya's Cosmo on Saturday, posted on Monday and it was off my nails by Tuesday evening (2/25). Here is why... 
Chipping and flaking started to occur Tuesday morning (after about 3 full days of wear). Chips were pretty sizable. (See pointer finger. It has chips on both sides).


With the added texture of the Magical Pixies these chips drove me bananas! I kept picking at the chips which resulted in half covered nails by midday Tuesday.


Here is what Cosmo looked like on Day 1 again


All in all I think I will use this Magical pixie as more of an accent nail, if I grab for it much at all. The texture was a bit much for me (and usually I LOVE texture polishes). I also didn't like that the polish looked a little spotty in the sunlight. I feel sort of let down by this polish. Zoya's original pixie polishes were the reason I went crazy for Zoya, but these kind of missed the mark for me. I feel like Cosmo did not last as long and I almost wish you could buy the colors of these magical polishes and just add hex holo glitters as a top coat.

I used this polish according to the directions for this review. On bare nails with no top coat. I may try it again with a base color and a top coat to see if I like it any better.

Score:

Formula: 3 out of 5. 
Seemed a bit thicker than most Pixie Dust polishes by Zoya, but I feel that it was still pretty easy to work with for a glitter polish

Texture: 1 out of 5.
While this polish was gorgeous in some light settings, in others you just saw the grittiness of the polish. The medium hex glitters added more texture than I liked and made me too aware that it was on my nails.

Longevity: 2 out of 5.
I felt like I didn't get close to a week with this polish, which is basically the norm for me with the original Pixie Dust polishes. This polish seemed to chip faster and made much larger chips than I am used to from this brand.

Overall: 2 out of 5.

Zoya Cosmo, and probably the whole Magical Pixie Dust line is one of those polish lines that people will either love or hate. For me, as a stand alone polish, it is just not my cup of tea. Maybe I will like it more with a layer or two of top coat, but as is it is not my favorite Zoya polish by a long shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment