Sunday, February 23, 2014

BB Couture For Nails-Nail Lacquer in Snow Bunny: Follow Up

I think of all the polishes I have tested so far this one had the worst performance. Although I love the color, and it looked fantastic for about 3 days, I don't know if I will go running out for more from this brand.

Here is a reminder of what this polish looked like on Day 1.


Color was great, coverage in 2 coats, pretty good formula.

Around the end of day three, beginning of day four I started noticing issues. While the didn't chip right away I could see lines (almost crack like) in the polish. I tried time and time again to get a photo of this but pretty much failed. Basically up close I didn't have that nice smooth creme finish I was hoping for. As the week progressed chips started to occur more where the lines were and there was visible wear and lifting near the cuticles.

Here is a look at Day 7...


On the positive side, there was no peeling. I have rather oily nail beds and sometimes that is an issue for me. So would I recommend this polish? I am leaning more to the no side. At least for this particular creme. Maybe a glitter polish from this brand would perform better. 
With a price tag of $10.95 per polish  (http://www.bbnailpolish.com/) and claims of being a polish that stands alone with no base coat or top coat required, I feel that many cheaper polishes perform as well or better. 


Score:

I guess I should probably start scoring these polishes.

Formula: 3 out of 5
(slightly streaky on first coat but nice thickness)

Longevity/Wear: 2 out of 5
(really didn't like the lines that happened) 

Overall: 2.5 out of 5








No comments:

Post a Comment