Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 2014 Ipsy Unboxing!

February 2014 Ipsy!

Ipsy is a monthly beauty and makeup subscription box. Every month they send subscribers 4-5 beauty products (mainly with deluxe samples and full sized products) and a makeup bag for $10 a month. This is my 4th bag and so far I have really enjoyed the service.


This month Ipsy kept with the Valentine Theme and chose "The Look of Love" to build a glam bag around. This bag was geared more toward make up than skin/hair care, which is what I prefer. The bag was pretty cute, featuring an almost canvas like exterior with a pink leopard silky lining.

 To be honest I was kind of iffy about this bag when I saw what I was getting. Some products I knew I wouldn't use, but here is what I got...

City Color Be Matte Blush (full size) in Fresh Melon (Retail: $2.99)
This blush looks a little more subtle on camera than in real life. It has a real orange-y shade to it and looked like it would be quite bright. I ended up swapping this item so I did not swatch or test it.


Skyn ICELAND Fresh Start Mask with Ice Age Mud (sample) 1 Mask Set (Full Size Retail: $39.00 for 6 Mask Sets, Approx. Value $6.50)  


Pop Beauty Plump Pout (sample) .15oz in Fuchsia Freesia (Full Size Retail: $16 for .3oz, Approx Value: $8). 
I actually was really excited to try this. I am WAY into lip products lately, but as I write this, this gloss is still in it's plastic packaging. I am under the weather right now and want to wait until I recover to try it. It looks really bright but since it is a gloss I will get back to you on how pigmented it is.


J. Cat Beauty Eyelashes & Eyelash Glue in style EL 747L (Retail Value: $3.99)
This is the other product in my bag that I will not be using. I never use false lashes. I am swapping it for something more my style.


Zoya Nail Polish (full size) in Odette from the new Zoya Natural (Retail: $9)
Zoya describes this nail polish as a full coverage, sultry orchid maroon cream. I have to say, I never wear purple polish but I liked this color. I swatched it on my thumb (above) and that was only one coat! It has great coverage!


Total Glam Bag Value: $30.50

If you would like to join me on Ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag please use my link here. You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. 







No comments:

Post a Comment