Thursday, January 16, 2014

January Ipsy Glam Bag Unboxing and Reviews

Ipsy is a monthly beauty and makeup subscription box. Every month they send subscribers 4-5 beauty products (mainly with deluxe samples and full sized products) and a makeup bag for $10 a month. This is my 3rd bag and so far I have really enjoyed the service.


The theme for the bag/month is 19 Reasons 2014 will be Amazing. This month Ipsy seemed to focus more on skin care and hair care instead of make-up. This month also had all sample sizes, but I am still excited to try all the products.



Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in Pearl .7g (full size 1.5g, $14.99) Approx. Value $7.50

Review: I used this pencil as a highlight in the inner corners and on the waterline. It is a little too shimmery for the waterline, but I liked it as a highlighter. This pencil does go on creamy. Glad I got to try it.



Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask 1 oz. (full size 5.25 oz., $26) Approx. Value $5

Review: I have never used a deep conditioning mask, but I often use leave in conditioner in my hair so I was excited to give this a try. This mask has a pleasant smell and made my hair feel so soft. The sample wasn't huge but I should be able to get a few more uses out of it.  


MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm in 06-Fiesta 2.5g (full size 4g, $30) Approx. Value $18.75

Review: Holy Pigment BATMAN! When MicaBeauty says tinted they mean tinted. Even when applied lightly I got a lot of color. On the lips, it was a little brighter than I usually wear, but it was a nice change. This balm goes on pretty silky, but is more drying than I would expect from a balm. I ended up putting on Burt's Bees Balm before reapplying. Which I guess defeats the purpose of this also being a "balm".
Be sure to wash your hands right away if applied with your finger, otherwise you may have tinted fingers.


Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion .5 oz (full size 1.7 oz, $21.99) Approx. Value $6.50

Review: I am glad I got to try this product. I liked quite a few of the ingredients (Moroccan Argan oil, shea butter) and the fact that it is organic. What I didn't like was the smell. I am guessing it is either from the rosewater or the combination of ingredients. The product does what it says it does though. It moisturizes, feels lightweight, and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy. 


Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads 4 count (full size 15 pads in a kit for $39.95/month) Was not able to determine approx. value because of this.

Honestly this was the only product I wasn't excited about trying. With my sensitive skin and eczema near my nose I am afraid this product would do more damage than good. I will probably try to swap this item or set it aside for someone who can use it. 


The bag itself is a little bigger than previous bags. For this reason it may be good for travel.

Total Approx. Value of the Bag (not including the Proactiv): $37.75

Definitely my lowest valued bag, but when I am only paying $10/month I find nothing to complain about.  

If you would like to join me on Ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag please use my link here. You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. 





No comments:

Post a Comment